Donna Earl’s Ten Top Tips From Webinar
“Help Your Help Desk Deliver Top Notch Support”
From the Help Desk Coach
- Create guidelines for a good beginning for your help desk calls. Monitor and make sure all agents are following your good call beginning guidelines to consistently make a good first impression on your callers.
- End users value consistency on the help desk. With professional call beginnings and agents who connect with the callers, your user base will recognize the help desk as a team of professionals.
- If callers prefer certain agents over others, increase training efforts to assure consistency in call handling.
- Effective help desk agents are able to manage their own emotions and defuse the emotions of frustrated users. Remember that emotions matter.
- End users can be grouped into 3 categories:
- Advanced, tech savvy users
- Moderately comfortable with technology
- Confused and resistant
- The approach to dealing with the user must match their level of comfort and sophistication with technology.
- Promote self-help following resolution of the user issue, and follow up with email link.
- Campaigns to promote self-help within organizations must be user-centric and follow the WIIFU benefits rule.
- Every good call ends with a good ending. Summarize, recap, follow up with an email, and offer future help.
- Consistently professional endings yield positive surveys.
For more information about HelpDeskCoach.com training, see Training.
UK: +44 (0)7729 814 890
Copyright © 2005-2018 HelpDeskCoach